We offer assistance with staffing issues for Aged Care and Acute facilities.
In disability support, we assist with personal care, household tasks, individual and group transport as well as community participation and support coordination in communities across Australia
At Unity Care Services Australia (UCSA), we assist facilities with staffing shortage issues. We’re also a disability service provider.
We understand the challenges of geographic spread, limited infrastructure, and low population density in rural and remote areas, which can be a hassle for retaining and having sufficient staff, so we’re here to help.
UCSA also provides Support Services to people living with disability. We help achieve a quality of life that anyone in the community might expect and a feeling of worth, belonging, and self-fulfillment.
Providing Disability Support Services
Aged Care & Acute facilities
Short staffed? We’re here to help. Here at UCSA we can cater to your staffing needs. We offer PCAs, ENs and RNs on short term and long term contracts with ability to extend. We can also try to cater on short notice for shift fill ins. Please contact 0455 333 118 for more information.
Daily Personal Care
Need an extra pair of hands or a night off? Our friendly staff excel in providing excellent personal care. We make you feel comfortable when it comes to personal hygiene (Bathing, dressing, grooming) and offer overnight, short-term and weekend support.
Need help with household tasks? We’re on it! Our services include any cleaning tasks around the home. General cleaning duties, laundry services, assistance with meal preparations, promotion of independence and upskilling in the above areas.
Individual & Group Transport
We assist you with transportation wherever you need to go. From appointments to social activities. You name the destination in SA, and we can take you there! We’re able to pick you up at designated locations, stay and assist you and take you to your designated location or home.
Connecting you with your local communities. We help with making activities accessible. Our services include: Empowering you to join your local community’s activities such as attending the library, movies, social catch ups and events.
Why Choose us
At UCSA, we aim to achieve the best outcome possible to support your goals, aspirations and needs.
In disability support, our friendly employees are locals in your area! We service the areas throughout South Australia in disability support.
We currently are taking on plan and self-managed participants. Don’t worry! We’re in the process of becoming a NDIS registered provider.
We cater to your preferences! Prefer male or female support workers? No problems!
We can provide Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses , Personal Care Attendants (Carers) and Support Workers.
If you’re unable to find your question here, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help you.
The NDIS provides funding to eligible people based on their individual needs. Every NDIS participant has an individual plan that lists their goals and the funding they have received. NDIS participants then use their funding to purchase supports and services (such as supports and services offered by UCSA) to help them pursue your goals.
The NDIS can work with you to put your plan into action, and depending on your situation there are a range of people who can help you implement your plan and support you to start receiving supports.
These would have been discussed with you during your planning process and may be a Local Area Coordinator or an early childhood partner. Some people may also have a Support Coordinator funded in their plan to help them get started.
You can start your plan by yourself if you are self-managed
Core supports budget
Your Core budget is the most flexible, and includes four categories of support:
- Consumables (e.g. purchasing everyday use items such as continence aids)
- Daily Activities (e.g. assistance with self-care activities during the day or evening)
- Assistance with Social and Community Participation (e.g. supports to enable you to engage in social or recreational activities)
- Transport (e.g. if you are unable to use public transport because of your disability).
The good news is you can generally use Core budget funds allocated against one support category to purchase supports under another support category unless funds have been set aside for a specific purpose such as periodic payments for transport, or any Core budget line item type that is:
- Specialised Disability Accommodation i.e. accommodation for participants who require specialist housing solutions due to significant functional impairment and/or very high support needs.
- In-kind e.g. Government pre-paid supports such as school transport or some therapy supports
- Stated item (including Quotes for certain items) e.g. assistance in a shared living arrangement.
In these cases the funds within a category must only be used for that specific purpose. For details about your Core supports please refer to your NDIS plan.
Capacity Building budget
The Capacity Building funding is allocated across eight support sub-categories, each matched with the goals in your plan. You can choose how to spend these funds to purchase any approved individual support within its category, but won’t be able to move funding from one category to another.
The Capacity Building support categories include:
- Choice and Control e.g. training in planning and plan management
- Daily Activity e.g. therapy aimed at building your capacity to participate
- Employment e.g. employment related assessment and counselling
- Health and Wellbeing e.g. exercise advice required because of impact of disability
- Home Living e.g. support to obtain/retain appropriate accommodation
- Lifelong Learning e.g. assistance moving from school to further education
- Relationships e.g. positive behavioural support strategies to reduce behaviours of concern
- Social and Community Participation e.g. Individual life skills development and training including public transport training and support, developing skills for community, social and recreational participation.
Support Coordination (if required) is included in the Capacity Building budget. This is a fixed amount for strengthening participant’s abilities to coordinate and implement supports in their plans and to participate more fully in the community.
Capital Support budget
The Capital Support budget relates to supports such as assistive technology or modifications to your home and as such depends on quotes from suppliers. Funds within this budget can only be used for their specific purpose (e.g. a rail in the bathroom or a wheelchair) and cannot be used to fund other items.
The Capital Support budget has two support categories:
- Assistive Technology – includes equipment items for mobility, personal care, communication and recreational inclusion (e.g. wheelchairs or vehicle modifications)
- Home Modifications (e.g. rail in the bathroom).